The focus for this role will be on product design, development, and design for high volume manufacturability. This company is on the cusp of bringing novel technology which will revolutionize drug delivery. The person hired for this role work side by side a Lead Engineer, and will report to the Product VP. This Engineer will be instrumental in the company’s success, and be visible with all company Executives.
Reports to: VP Product Development
Location: Boston, MA (hybrid role)
Salary Range: 90-120K plus benefits and equity
- Contribute to process development and quality control implementation for unique device fabrication methods used across multiple vaccine/therapeutic targets
- Develop and implement fixtures, tooling, and equipment to improve process throughput and consistency
- Thoroughly document experimental procedures and results. Contribute to writing standard operating procedures, scientific publications, intellectual property filings, and regulatory documentation as requested
- Analyze and interpret data and summarize results and conclusions in written reports and presentations
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline
- 1-5 years working in the device/pharma/biotech industries.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software (SolidWorks or similar) and working knowledge of diverse prototyping techniques including 3D printing
- Knowledge of programming for robotics and automation is a plus
- Experience working within a quality management system is a plus