Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Silicon Valley
Reports to: Group Director
Type of role: Hybrid
This is a privately held, global medical device company with HQ in the Bay Area. This role will require being in site 2-3 days/week.
The Product Marketing Manager provides product and market oversight for assigned products. The position has P&L responsibility and oversees all strategic planning, pricing analysis, portfolio management, competitive market analysis, and budgeting for assigned products.
This person will work as a marketing advisor providing product and market overviews, coordination of product development activities, and in-depth business case analysis. This person will collaborate closely with downstream marketing managers, clinical marketing, marketing operations, R&D, operations, and other internal stakeholders.
• Lead the design, creation, and successful execution of marketing programs & business objectives
• Be the expert of product knowledge and and SME for market trends, analysis, product pricing, and promotions.
• Establish systems, programs, policies, and procedures to develop, plan and implement product launches and new distribution channels.
• Lead the upstream marketing activities on development projects. Compile user needs through surveys, clinical observation, data collection, and clinical labs.
• Lead the development of support material, advertising, and collateral tools in collaboration with the Marketing team and outside agencies. Ensure all marketing collaterals meet company-approved branding and trademark guidelines and obtain final approval from the appropriate departments.
• Provide content on marketing strategy, competitive comparison, market dynamics, sales support materials, and key marketing programs.
• Work closely with key surgeons and product development to define market and product requirements for new products and markets needed to enable key surgical procedures further and drive procedure adoption.
- Requires 5+ years experience in medical device marketing
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing/ Business or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Ability to travel overnight (30%) with some weekend travel within the United States and internationally.