Title: Research and Development Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Director
Location: Orange County, CA
Salary Range: 110-140K
To be considered, email Resume To:
Our client is a company that is focused in the medical device industry, and they are hiring a Project Engineer with 4-8 years of experience. The person hired will be a salaried employee who will work full cycle product development, from R&D to post-market surveillance activities, and be working on a wide range of projects simultaneously.
The person hired into this role will have a solid background in product design, including 2D/3D CAD design and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience. This person will be responsible for overseeing the manufacturing of design prototypes and production parts, working directly with clients and internal team members to meet deliverables.
This position is a full time, salaried role with full corporate benefits.
This is a small team of tenured Engineers and Regulatory Affairs SMEs who work closely together. This is an environment that fosters professional development, engineering excellence and a creative approach to the industry’s toughest product design and quality challenges.
• Develop designs for manufacturability, test plans, protocols, and reports as part of design verification and validation.
• Evaluate different design solutions and components to determine optimum solution for the application.
• Plan, execute, and document feasibility and verification testing in support of product development.
• Support the design transfer of product from R&D to Manufacturing for volume production
• Collaborate as part of cross-functional project teams including product development, quality, regulatory, and manufacturing.
• Support post market sustaining efforts (i.e. complaint investigations, product training)
- BS or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of medical device industry experience.
- Extensive experience with 3D image processing and rapid prototyping
- Background in fluid mechanics, strength of materials, statics, and dynamics.
- Experience designing components optimized for injection molding.