Title: Director of Cyber Security
Reports to: Enterprise VP
Location: Remote, California preferred
Salary Range: 180K-230K
Director of Cyber Security
To be considered, email Resume To:
Our client is a large medical device company that is a leader in their space. They are known for pioneering life-saving technologies for patients world-wide. There is an established team with plans to expand as the complexities and demands of the business grow.
The Director of Cyber Security Operations will lead the Cyber Security initiatives and fortify the digital defenses. The person in this position is responsible for development and execution of Cyber Security strategy. Responsibilities include leading incident response efforts, managing the security operations center, and ensuring compliance with relevant healthcare industry regulations. This role has an immense impact on patient safety, and is paramount to ensuring security and safety of the company’s medical device products.
The person in this role will lead a high-performing Security Operations team, providing guidance and mentorship to ensure professional growth and development. This person will also be expected to provide visionary leadership to a team of Cyber Security professionals, fostering an environment of continuous improvement and innovation. The position will be critical in advancing the Cyber Security posture to meet the challenges of an evolving threat landscape in the healthcare technology sector.
• Develops and implements a comprehensive Security Operations strategy, encompassing threat monitoring, incident response, vulnerability management, and medical device product security monitoring.
• Establishes and maintains an Incident Response program, ensuring rapid and effective response to security incidents, and conducting post-incident reviews to continuously improve our capabilities.
• Develops and maintains relationships with external security organizations, law enforcement, and other agencies to enhance the threat intelligence and incident response capabilities.
• Collaborates with other entities such as GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance), develops a hosted environment security risk management strategy consistent with changing enterprise-specific and industry-wide risk and regulatory environment.
• Develops policies and procedures and provides oversight set forth by the Information Security Office.
• Advanced degree in computer science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or combination of relevant work experience.
• CISSP, GSOC, GMON, GSOM or other relevant cybersecurity certifications.
• 10+ years of experience in information security, to include life science industry.
• 5+ years in a leadership role within security operations.
• Proven experience in building and leading security operations teams and programs.
• Strong knowledge of incident response, vulnerability management, and security monitoring practices.
• Strong knowledge of information security best practices, standards, and frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27000, NIST 800-53, and PCI DSS.
• Understanding of how to secure and monitor Cloud, IOT, Mobile Applications, and enterprise IT systems.