Title: Project Engineer
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Denver Area, Colorado
Experience Needed: 3-8 years experience in a Project Engineering capacity.
Compensation: Competitive salary plus generous bonus and comprehensive benefits.
Our client company develops products in the building and construction industry and their proprietary manufactured solutions produce 70% lower CO2 emissions and 90% lower NOx emissions than the product it replaces. This is a startup company, with a small pilot plant in Denver, where this position will be based. With the company trajectory, career growth is eminent as the company scales.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for projects with new plant build. This person will work closely with Engineering Consultants, General Contractors and be the point person for all vendors involved in plant build out. This Engineer will review design plans, oversee procurement and installation of equipment, and oversee project timelines, schedules, budget, and required documentation.
The person hired will be the first Project Engineer hired for this location, reporting to the Director of Operations. As part of a passionate and accomplished team, you will be integrally involved with the plant’s development, working to transition from a test plant to commercial plant build out and commissioning. This is a fast paced start-up environment, where it’s “all hands on deck”, to include the senior leadership team.
The person best suited for this role has a degree in Engineering or Construction Management, and 3+ years of experience with Project Engineer responsibilities, within an industrial setting.
o Function as project engineer in operations team with hands on responsibilities assisting with delivery of projects.
o Identify gaps between the design development and procurement to ensure technical design specifications reflect optimal conditions for procurement.
o Ensure that all bids and purchase orders are consistent with process design specifications and schedule. Provide detailed procurement oversight.
o Assess and enforce engineering process health and accepted specification compliance with standards and best practices.
o Fulfill needs in other adjacent areas of the company including participation of piloting operations as required by.
o Become very familiar with all aspects of this new technology and principles that shape production/design requirements for commercial applications.
- B.S. in Engineering and/or Construction Management.
- 4+ years of field experience from an industrial setting.
- Experience with aggregate processing, thermal processing, cement/concrete, mining technology or chemical processing is helpful.
- Procurement experience a plus.
- Experience evaluating technical specifications for industrial projects and other related documentation to support project delivery, value engineering and procurement.
- Proven ability to work with regulatory agencies and design engineers during project delivery.
- Knowledge of scheduling software, i.e Autocad, Naviswork, Solidworks, etc.
- Must be able to hit the ground running and dig in quickly in our fast-paced environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.