This high-profile role encompasses a number of responsibilities including supporting the strategic planning processes; leading market sizing, opportunity assessment, marketing strategy, forecasting, modeling, and ROI analysis for potential new business opportunities.
This individual will drive launch planning with cross-functional partners including research & development, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, market access and finance. She/He will identify pathways to address new markets or adjacencies and support recommendations with high-level business cases and presentations to internal, corporate and external stakeholders. The role requires a big picture strategic thinker with strong analytical and communication skills to synthesize and articulate business opportunity and customer value while still maintaining the comfort-level to dig into the details, as needed.
- Drives new product launches by developing marketing plan for product portfolio, supported by market research to develop segmentation, targeting, messaging, communication and pricing strategy.
- Supports the strategic planning process and leads the development and execution of mid to long-term strategy via market assessments and marketing research, financial analysis, valuation, and modeling.
- Builds credible strategies through strong critical thinking to achieve the desired vision and commercial outcome despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems, and develops programs with creativity and good judgment.
- Leads activities to acquire, evaluate, store and disseminate business intelligence, including VOC market research, market trends, competitive landscape, and academic and business literature.
- Screens potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments. Protects company value by appropriately handling confidential information.
- Assess and integrates customer needs and market trends within the context of product systems and business capabilities. Translates this assessment into effective marketing strategies, global pricing recommendations and value propositions.
- Cultivates strong cross functional relationships and collaborates with key functions (including R&D, new business development, regulatory, clinical, operations, geographic and corporate marketing, and sales) towards the successful development of the business area product pipeline.
- Ongoing and significant contact with industry leaders, customers and other medical professionals in the field, representatives of professional organizations with whom the business is affiliated, and executive/management levels within the business.
- Extensive knowledge of assigned product applications, therapies, and the markets in which they are used.
Bachelor’s degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered. MBA is preferred.
Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing and strategy.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills.
- Proven experience with strategic planning process, including market and environmental analysis, opportunity assessment, plan development, execution, measurement and adjustment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge with a phase-gate product development process, product lifecycle or end-to-end product management, including developing new products through phase-out process.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing techniques such as VOC needs analysis, value creation, product positioning, and marketplace dynamics as they relate to product, price, and promotion.