Our client is an established company with a long history in the cardiac market.
This role oversees the training and management of distributor reps, and manages a team of 7 sales reps. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, rapidly growing, dynamic company with exceptional leadership. There has been consistent growth within this portfolio and the team is expected to add 1-2 more Reps in the next 6 months.
This role is for individuals who have demonstrated in-depth clinical and technical knowledge and who have a demonstrated successful track record of building business and growing market share. This position is responsible for partnering with field-based sales teams to target, strategize and grow sales while also offering development, mentoring, and field-based training.
The position reports to a VP of Sales & Marketing. The person last in this role has been promoted within the organization.
*Candidates must currently reside in the West Coast or Rocky Mountain region.
- Oversees direct training, coaching and direction of sales representatives and clinical specialists.
- Builds and maintains relationships with existing and new accounts
- Develops annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Attends trade shows and industry events as needed to represent company.
- The Sales Manager leads the sales representatives to implement and execute sales demand strategies
- Provide sales representatives with sufficient support, supervisory oversight, and customer engagement to achieve or exceed the division’s sales forecasts.
- Responsible for the coaching and career development of the sales representatives.
Bachelors degree, MBA preferred.
- A strong track record of sales accomplishments in a capital equipment or B2B sales environment
- comfortable with high travel and have excellent time management skills to work autonomously.
- Four years of biotech or equivalent sales experience selling capital equipment; or laboratory services/equipment.
- At least two years’ experience managing sales of large capital equipment in large territories is desired.
- Ability to successfully work deals involving complex contract negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent job experience in Life Sciences) or related discipline required. Graduate degree and/or MBA preferred.
- Self-motivated; Ability to work from remote office and to work independently as well as in strategic team settings, multitask and prioritize workload in order to drive and achieve desired objectives
- Excellent people skills required with proven record in developing longstanding customer relationships, including experience in field applications strategy and execution as a key part of driving sales.