Title: Process Engineer
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Memphis/Jackson area
Salary Range: 70-85K
Experience Needed: 3-5 years as an Engineer (Controls and/or Electrical Engineering preferred)
Our client is a leading custom compounder of plastics in the materials science industry. With 10 U.S. locations and operations in Belgium, Germany, Singapore and China, there are several divisions serving a wide range of industries. The person to whom the role reports has a long career with the organization and has been promoted several times. According to employee reviews, 89% of employees would recommend working here to a friend.
The Process Engineer will be primarily responsible for optimizing equipment and processes, managing the installation of new projects, maintaining and troubleshooting process controls, reducing downtime, and implementing new process controls and new equipment. In addition, the Process Engineer will work to optimize plant safety, product quality, and cost efficiency of the plant.
This individual will be responsible for setting up operating conditions for processing engineering for all plant production units. This individual’s primary focus will be increasing productivity through the methods of business organization.
• Implement new and improved processes for making garden hose safely.
• Implement Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement efforts for the Hose
Extrusion, Reclaim and Assembly Departments
• Update current systems processes and conduct risk assessments.
• Design and implement new systems and equipment procedures.
• Troubleshoot processing and assembly of garden hoses to meet quality and production
• Purchase and maintain inventory of all Extrusion and Assembly tooling and other
• Coordinate the specifications, recommendation, purchase, and installation and of new
equipment and new processes.
• Meet with other members of the Hose team daily and troubleshoot the quality issues
experienced over the previous 24 hours.
• Works to improve efficiencies within Assembly Departments.
• BS or MS in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
• Minimum 2 – 4 years of process engineering experience preferred
• Good understanding of the formulation, material science and equipment involved.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Strong Excel Knowledge
• Exposure to Six Sigma and Lean Experience preferred.
• Ability to work in and support an ISO 9000 environment.
• Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing, Ergonomics, and Automation preferred