Title: Process Engineer-Polymers
Reports to: Plant Manager, ETP
Location: Memphis/Jackson TN area
Salary Range: 70-85K
Experience Needed: 2-5 years as an Engineer with Polymers/Resins/Plastics
Our client is a leading custom compounder of plastics in the materials science industry. With 10 U.S. locations and operations in Belgium, Germany, Singapore and China, there are several divisions serving a wide range of industries. The person to whom the role reports has a long career with the organization and has been promoted several times. According to employee reviews, 89% of employees would recommend working here to a friend.
The Process Engineer will be responsible to develop and implement production, processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner. The person hired into this role will also be responsible to investigate and resolve work-in-process problems along with making recommendations and implementing improvements and modifications related to sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters. This person also monitors assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
• Monitors the existing production process; particular attention is placed on products with a history of problems.
• Develops new production process methods based on their application and formulation of production.
• Works on projects to improve rates and set up standard formats for different processes.
• Assists is establishing specific work goals and performance standards in order to
reduce reject rate and minimize downtime.
• Answers customer complaints and implements corrective action when necessary to
• Responsible for production trials; spearheading the production trial team at the plant to
improve the success rate at the customer.
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as as required.
• BS or MS in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science or related discipline.
• Good understanding of the formulation, material science and equipment involved.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Exposure to Six Sigma and Lean Experience preferred.
• Ability to work in and support an ISO 9000 environment.
• Knowledge in thermoplastics, polymer blends, and polymer compounding preferred
• 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred.