Site Location: Denver, CO
Position reports to: Director of Operations
Pay: $20-30/hour, non-exempt position
This company is developing a proprietary and scalable solution for eco-friendly, general-use alternative cementitious material and supplementary cementitious material in the construction materials sector that is cost competitive and substantially reduces CO2 emissions. This is a start-up company that is ramping up testing production and is hiring someone to come in and learn the ropes. Since this is a small company, you will be one of the first employees to do this here.
Their cementitious materials are currently undergoing through the full spectrum of concrete testing required to certify their safe use in commercial concrete construction. The three main products will be introduced one after the other to support a staged transition to alternative low-CO2 cement.
The person hired for this role will take on equipment & lab operational duties to include:
Equipment Operator Duties:
- With supervision, the individual in this position is responsible for safe and efficient operations of equipment for production of cementitious material.
- Operate bob cat, skid loader and fork lift as needed to expedite materials handling.
- Operator performs necessary data collection and data distribution to supervisor and team members.
- Promotes safety awareness, environmental consciousness, and takes an active role in quality improvement processes.
Concrete/Material Lab Technician Duties:
- Use experience gained from cementitious material production to make procedure for sampling and transfer to quality control lab.
- Mixing batches of concrete to test specification.
- Perform basic concrete testing – Fresh and hardened.
- Conduct tests on aggregate and concrete.
- Provides verbal and written report updates to Senior Operations Manager.
- Maintain and calibrate testing equipment and laboratory.
- Pass American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) and American Concrete Institute (ACI) certification within 6 months of employment if no previous experience with Cement/Concrete
-High School Diploma or GED
-Ability to routinely lift 50 lbs. (field/laboratory samples and equipment)
-Ability to work independently and as part of a team
-ACI Field Technician experience
-Experience in cement/asphalt/soil laboratory.