Our client is a fast growing privately held medical device company with headquarters in the Midwest. Call points are physician offices, ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) and hospitals in the orthopedic and pain management sectors. Sales representatives should be driven, goal-oriented and understand how to penetrate into multiple levels of healthcare organizations.
The sales team is a total of 10 people, and is anticipated to grow to 15 in the next 12 months. This position reports to a sales director.
The person hired for this position is a tenacious hunter, and someone who sees challenges as opportunity. There is tremendous growth potential as the portfolio is expanding and sales are trending up quickly. The sales team works closely with marketing and come together to find solutions and celebrate wins. Sales representatives work across a matrix where team collaboration is paramount.
- Develop a strong pipeline of prospective customers
- Build product interest with clinical decision makers and KOLs in the territory, and conduct exceptional product demonstrations with key decision makers
- Work in unison with marketing team to provide support needed and to influence upstream and downstream marketing activities.
Territory: Central U.S., multi-state territory
Travel (including overnight): 50-60% overnight travel.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the area of medical device, DME, pharma, or wound care marketing/sales.
- Has worked for either a distributor of products used in the O.R. or as a manufacturers sales rep.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship.
- A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Excellent oral presentation skills and the ability to think quickly to apply facts in analyzing a problem and explaining that answer to a group of medical technicians and clinicians.
- Ability to learn the usage of products and to identify and explain possible improvements in usage.
- Full corporate benefits
- Car/Cell reimbursement
- Expense Account (1st year OTE $110-130k. 2nd year OTE $130-180k)