The Global Marketing Manager is a brand ambassador to both internal and external stakeholders. Working without significant direction, the person in this role manages the global on-market product portfolio to ensure market relevance and engagement to meet strategic plan. Individual responsible will lead marketing strategy, lifecycle management, and market assessments. Close collaboration with cross-functional partners will be needed to understand issues and develop solutions.
This role will require 25-35% travel.
- Translate customer needs and problems into product conceptualization, development and design objectives, and marketing strategies in conjunction with manufacturing, engineering, quality and worldwide sales.
- Coordinate efforts with manufacturing, engineering, quality, worldwide sales, and other functional areas to produce innovative products that meet customer and market needs.
- Establish and is held accountable for the achievement of sales and market share goals for assigned products.
- Collect and analyze competitive landscape, including monitoring of clinical trial activity.
- Develop and refine marketing and value based pricing strategies.
- application issues.
- Provides the highest level of expertise on the product portfolio by communicating strategies, direction or general information.
- Monitor and analyze indicators of business performance such as Sales vs. Forecast (units, revenue, gross profit), actual vs. plan selling price, product mix, disposables utilization, competitor information, and other relevant marketing factors.
- Develop and implement the introductory business plans for new products or product enhancements to assure proper positioning strategy. Coordinate pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities.
- Work closely with the sales organization and marketing managers to successfully identify business opportunities, support tools, and new marketing programs in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Evaluate communication and documentation programs and support tools for effectiveness through customer and sales force feedback as well as objective research.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered, MBA is preferred.
Minimum 7 years of experience in the area of life science marketing and/or sales.
- Extensive knowledge of product applications/therapies and the markets of the product(s) for which the incumbent has responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of sales/marketing strategic planning and program delivery.
- Working knowledge of domestic and worldwide markets and global marketing strategy.
- Ability to assess customer needs and market trends within the context of product and business capabilities and the ability to translate this assessment into workable strategy.
- Ability to work effectively and comfortably with physicians and other medical professionals, as well as with all functions and levels within the business organization.
- Ability to understand scientific facts and package them into a cohesive communication model for customers and sales associates.